Importance of the Reporter :
Any test activity would be incomplete if we do not provide a test-report. Testreport is an important document which comprises visual/graphical representation of the tests done on the product and the corresponding test results, and it is shared among the stakeholders of the project. As the test- report holds an important value for the test activities, we felt a strong need of an activity in UiPath that would generate good test-report automatically along with the automated test execution. ReporterForUiPath addresses the above stated need perfectly. ReporterForUiPath is the UiPath activity suite with many features packed in it that helps in generating beautiful test-reports simultaneously along with the execution of the tests.
Features Of the Reporter :
1. Independency : All the activities are robust and flexible to adapt itself in any situation. you can use any activity at any point and anywhere in the workflow. e.g. if you didn't create any report and directly create suite, then it will get identified by reporter and first it will initializes report. also suppose you didn't created anything before and directly want to use step status activity in that case first it will generates default report, suite, and test and finally this step will get added into default test. Main Intention to implement this feature is to provide rapid accessibility of any of the activity and also to remove dependency of any other activities. All activities are communicated internally to make it independent for the users perspective.
2. Categorization : By default this reporter will categorize your tests by test, suite and priority. In addition to it allows you to define you tags into the tests, to categorize it.
3. Multi Reports : In this feature reporter will analyse all the testcases and generates multiple reports like suite wise, priority wise, tagwise report. each report will contain total count, pass-fail count with passing percentage. These reports will get generated in dashboard section.
4. Filters : Filters can help you to display only categorized testcase. generated report will have 4 filters pass/fail, suite, tag and priority filter. we can add multiple filters also to display specific tests.
5. Dashboard : Reporter will records each and every logging movement and designs a dashboard. dashboard will gives you execution timings, counts of all passed / failed tests, status wise counts of all steps, also dashboard will contain all the sub-reports.
6. Screenshot : This is the most useful and important feature. it will allows you to add runtime screenshots into your test step. we can use it as execution proof or suppose your test case gets failed then this screenshots will help you to identify cause, either it is a code issue or application issue.
7. Test Recording : Using Start Recording and Stop Recording activity you can record your test execution. This activity provides option to save recordings in existing report folder. If report is not created and still you want to record execution in that case you can provide location for the recording in Start Recording activity or by default reporter will create Recordings folder in current directory and stores all recordings.
**Note : You must have to Stop Recording if Started, or else output file will gets corrupted.
8. Email Notification : Using “Send Email Status” Activity user can get consolidated test execution status on their mail along with report attached.
Package Manager -> Right Click -> Configure Sources -> Add https://gallery.uipath.com/api/v2.
- SharpAvi (>= 2.1.2)